Whenever you want to launch a website with the help of a web hosting service provider, you have to choose a domain name for your website which becomes the URL address of your website. You need to choose a domain name very carefully as it is going to play a vital role in success of your website, ranking, and position of your website on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). This blog aims to provide you with sufficient information about the Domain Name Registration process.
Why choose Unique Domain Names?
When choosing a domain name for your website, you must choose a unique domain name because the same domain names are not allowed. When you enter a domain name on the website of a hosting provider, the website connects with the server of ICANN to verify if the entered domain name already exists. If the entered domain name with selected extension already exists, you cannot register that domain name with the selected extension.
What is ICANN?
ICANN standing for ‘Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers’, is a non profit organisation that keeps records of registered domain names through several databases.
How web hosting service providers allow you to register domain names?
Web hosting service providers allow you to register domain names because they have received accreditation from ICANN or domain name registries to offer website registration service to the public.
Process of Domain Name Transfer:
When you want to transfer a domain name from one domain registrar to a new domain registrar, you will have to follow the below mentioned process.
- Your personal information including e-mail id available to the existing registrar should be correct and updated.
- Retrieve the UDAI transfer code or authentication code from the current registrar.
- To register the domain name with new registrar, you need to apply through a standardized form of authorization. You can also apply through mail by using the same e-mail id which is registered with the old registrar. You also need to provide authentication code to the new registrar.
- The old registrar will contact the registered user to confirm that the user wants to transfer the domain to another registrar.
- The new registrar can register your domain name only when the old registrar gives the authority to the new registrar.
- You can update domain server information while registering with the new registrar or continue with existing information.
If you want to register a unique domain name for your website, check domain availability United Kingdom online, or want to transfer domain name, please visit www.4ukhost.uk. ‘4UKHost’ is a leading web hosting service provider in UK offering all kinds of advanced hosting services at the most affordable prices to worldwide clients. Its Linux based hosting services include free hosting shared Hosting, hosting Virtual Private Servers, SSD hosting, and dedicated server hosting.